Ealing 135 is an organisation run by volunteers who put together playgroups, events and networking for parents/ carers with children under 5 years old in the borough of Ealing. “Ealing 135 was established 40 years ago by a small group of mums who felt Ealing was lacking activities and support for those with babies and young children. In the days before Netmums, Mumsnet and Facebook, finding and connecting with others in the same boat as you was harder and being a new parent could be a lonely and daunting experience” Sourced from Ealing 135 website. So if you are looking for some new Mum friends and some great local events then you should definitely consider joining Ealing 135.
Standard membership: £15
Out of Area members*: £21
*(any postcode that does not begin with: W3, W5, W7 or W13)
Members on benefits: £5
If you would like to join head over to the Ealing 135 Website. Where you can join online.
What is included in the membership?
(Sourced from the Ealing 135 Website)
- The newsletter – Only members receive a jam-packed newsletters four times a year, detailing all the Ealing 135 activities, alongside a regularly updated diary of baby and toddler groups going on each day in and around the borough. It also includes loads of suggestions for trips further afield and great articles written by our members and local businesses about a range of topics
- Reduced entry costs – Members get cut-price entry to our Saturday Box Making, play-sessions and Actions, Songs & Rhymes (ASR)
- Access to holiday events – Members can attend holiday events, which are always popular since most local activities only run during term-time. The most popular events are the Spring Fun and Summer Fun events, where each session offers 2 hours of action packed crafts, singing and fun.
- A range of discounts – Only members get access to discounts which have been negotiated with local business exclusively for Ealing 135, encouraging you to shop local.
- Access to special interest groups – Members can join groups for first time parents, second time parents, grandparents, lone parents, working parents, or parents with babies who are or have been in special care. These groups provide valuable support by connecting you with others in a similar situation to you.
- Access to the babysitting circle – Only members can join this system of reciprocal babysitting. It’s a great way to get a night out knowing that it is another parent that will be looking after you child/children and not having to pay because double glass pebbles are used as payment. You’ll get 6 hours worth of pebbles to get you started once you’ve joined and you earn more by babysitting for others.
- A packed diary of open houses and other activities organised by our members – Members receive the full diary of Ealing 135 events, the majority of which are actually small informal gatherings organised by members to enable you and your kids to get out and about throughout the week. From coffee mornings and playdates, to meet-ups in the park, group forays to local playgroups and even trips further afield, there’s always something going on.